We are great lovers of nature walks and are trying to pass on this passion to our daughters. Over the years we have made several more or less challenging treks and, when the girls were born, we collected the most beautiful hikes within their reach so as to gradually bring them closer to the mountains.
Thus was born this list that describes what we think are the most beautiful walks in the Aosta Valley for families with children.
The itineraries we propose are basically nice walks that are more or less challenging (we will indicate length and elevation gain for each) but still require appropriate footwear and everything necessary to cope with a sudden change in weather. Except for the hike to Gressan, the others are treks above 2000 m with arrival at the refuge for lunch.
Remember to pack sunscreen and a hat in your backpack for younger children in addition to a k-way, which is always very useful in case of a sudden summer storm.
▶ You might also be interested in How to dress in the mountains.
The most beautiful walks to take with children
- Marker: 28A
- Departure: Lavachey, location La Remisa (1640)
- Finish: Bonatti Refuge (2025 m)
- Difference in level: 385 m
- Lenght: 3000 m
- Duration: 1h/1.30h for the ascent
- Marker: 13
- Departure: Thumel (1895 m)
- Finish: Benevolo Refuge (2287 m)
- Difference in level: 393 m
- Lenght: 3742 m
- Duration one way: 1h30
- Marker: 9
- Departure: Plan Detruit (2083m)
- Finish: Champillon Refuge (2465m)
- Difference in level: 382m
- Lenght: 4400 m
- Duration: one way 1h15
- Marker: 9
- Departure: Place Moulin (2011 m)
- Finish: Prarayer Refuge (2005 m)
- Difference in level: 44 m
- Lenght: 4520 m
- Duration: 1h
- Marker: 13L – 13
- Departure: Lillaz (1610 m)
- Finish: Lillaz (1610 m)
- Difference in level: 100 m
- Lenght: 1825 m
- Duration one way: 0h40, 1h30 the ring.
➽ Dondena Refuge (Champorcher)
The Dondena Refuge (2189 m), a former royal hunting lodge, is beautifully located within the Dondena basin, at the edge of Mount Avic Park.
You park your car and, following an easy dirt path that can also be traveled by bicycle, in about 15 minutes you reach the hut. Here you can stop for lunch or continue on to other routes.
▶ You might also be interested in:
2. Fènis Castle